Tuesday, October 14

BOMBS AWAY! And now exactly, who are your friends .. ?

Don't you just love it when people talk about you? When those people are your so called friends? Because I know I sure don't. Especially not in the way all my 'friends' talk.

And you can call me a hypocrite since I talk too. But better it be someone else than you right? And see the thing is, if you don't watch out for yourself, then who will? And you might say your best friend, but then I'd say don't even count on that.

The industry, in a way, is kind of like a landmine. Being careful wherever you step. Being careful with who you associate yourself with. And you have to play by the rules, but being careful at the same time because people can be real sneaky. And watch out, especially for the people you are closest to. Because at one moment, they could be your best friend, and at the next, they could be your enemy. And in the end, you're on your own. You stand alone.

You have to build your bridges to back yourself up. You have to network: meet everyone and every one's friends and their friends. It keeps going. Basically everyone is connected in some way. It is a small world after all. And if you burn your bridges, don't even think about showing your face. Seriously.

See, I had a friend, AJ. And AJ stepped on a 'bomb'. A few in a row, sadly. Not literally, of course. I don't think he really thought through his actions that well. He betrayed his friend to secretly try to get a girl that clearly has and had no interest in him. Everyone forgave him though. I mean it's just one time that he messed up on his part right? But he messed up, again. And it was barely even a week later too. Sure, there are some things that are just morally wrong, and people have the right to know about secrets. Well, some secrets at least. But selling your friend out on it just doesn't cut it. Because of him, there is the picture that blew things out of proportion. A picture of a friend straddling a guy. It's not that bad right? But the guy is already in a relationship. And because of him, the significant other immediately knew what happened even before the picture was posted. And of course, all of us automatically assume more happened with the circumstances of the environment: being intoxicated in the club. See. Word spreads one way or another. Man, i bet it must've been a really bad weekend for her. For all of us.

In a way, I feel bad for him. Everyone was mad at him, and they still are. My friend was so heated when he found out the reason why it even happened in the first place. No one was supposed to know. It was kind of like a dirty little secret. But because of AJ, I guess now everyone does. My friend was ready to jump. Ready to fight. Luckily AJ didn't get out of the car and show up at a friend's house though. Because if he did, man, he would've ended up in the hospital. And now, no one dares to really talk to him. Though he can't blame anyone but himself for putting himself in his miserable state.
Everyone doesn't want to get involved. Everyone wants to lay low. And you can't blame anyone, they're just trying to avoid unnecessary drama. Even I cross my fingers and pray that it doesn't happen to me. I'd rather be the one talking than being the one talked about. So step lightly and avoid the 'bombs'.


2 comments:

KweenEmily said...

Wow..i cant relate to your topic but i can see what you mean about friends being "friends". i have some of my own but none has affected me the way AJ has an affect on your friends. I love how you played with your title. very creative. man, i hope i dont get talked about either..im with you on that one! well i kant wait to read more of posts! good job on this one!

kaleena said...

Thanks. Oh, that's true. No one does, unless you enjoy the attention, good or bad. Like how people say it doesn't matter if you love or hate me, at least you know me. Maybe it's a good thing you don't experience something like this. Everyone's experiences are different after all.